The life and times of an anti-social intellectual

Friday, October 17, 2003

Wrestling lost yet another legend today (technically it was yesterday but meh...). Stu Hart passed away. He was in his late 80's so his death is a bit more acceptable than some of the other recent deaths in wrestling. Still, I send a thought to the already troubled Hart family.

Only 3 days remain of the Fall break. I only have 2 classes next week so I guess the "break" continues. Also, I don't know if you can call it a break. I'm still reading, watching TV and sitting in front of my computer so it's basically a normal week just without classes :-) I'm reading "Erasure" by Percival Everett. Another tremendous book so far.
I got two books today from Amazon's market place that I need to use for my exam project in Southern literature. I'm studying family as a theme in books by Josephine Humphreys. For my contemporary literature class I'm gonna study how technology (with focus on the TV/media) plays a role in the books we've read. I'm still a bit lost about my topic of interest in my Developing America class. We've talked a bit about the mega malls in America and how these have become almost theme parks and how they try to give the consumers a sublime experience. To me that's interesting so I think it'll be something in that area.