The life and times of an anti-social intellectual

Saturday, September 27, 2003

I hope "Delta Wedding" is finally out of my life. Unfortunately, it has a lot of important themes in relation to Southern literature so I fear it's not entirely out of my life just yet :-( I started reading William Faulkner's "Go Down, Moses" last night. It's a bit confusing at times due to a lot of strange family relations in the book but it's been good so far. Certainly better than "Delta Wedding"!
The DVD craze is back and I have "Scream 2", "Blair Witch Project" and a "I know what you did last summer/I still know what you did last summer" collector's edition coming next week. I will dub it Teen Horror Movie Week 2003.
The annual "årsfest" is this coming Friday at the university and I'm not going. First of all, I would rather spend my money on other things (read: DVDs). Secondly, I don't really feel like going. And finally, I have to go back home to visit my parents (unless plans change again).
My weekend will be like most other weekends. Reading and relaxing! Maybe I'll be able to combine the two, who knows. I have a short presentation this Monday in my contemporary literature class where I have to present a review of Don DeLillo's "The Body Artist". I have found a good review and I plan to spice it up with a few of my own observations about the book and DeLillo's style in general. I used to fear presentations, but I'm actually looking forward to this one since I love DeLillo :D